Youthful, vibrant looking skin can have a tremendous impact on a person’s self-confidence, affecting both personal and professional interactions. Maintaining beautiful skin can become increasingly difficult with age as factors such as nutrition habits, sun exposure, lifestyle choices and the aging process take their toll. Fortunately, a comprehensive range of laser and energy devices now exist that can safely and effectively reduce or reverse the signs of aging. From skin blemishes and discoloration to fine lines and imperfections, laser and energy devices can achieve skin rejuvenation in both non-invasive and minimally invasive manners. This in turn allows for significantly less “downtime,” (that is, less pain, bruising and time for recovery), when in comparison to invasive surgical procedures. Moreover, over the past several years, significant technologic advances in efficacy and safety have been made in the field lasers and energy devices. Having completed a rigorous fellowship at UCLA in Procedural Dermatology, which encompassed expert training in cosmetic and laser surgery, Dr. Gharavi is a key opinion leader in laser and energy-based devices.
Dr. Gharavi has carefully researched and vetted the most advanced lasers and energy devices on the market, in order to provide patients with options that have a proven track record for delivering excellent results. All treatments are customized to a patient’s particular skin issue and skin type in order to maximize results and prevent undesirable adverse effects. The following are some of the lasers and energy devices available:
- Ablative lasers, which use high-energy laser beams to repair and remodel damaged skin and remove age-related blemishes. These treatments can also help with scarring and skin tightening.
- Non-ablative lasers, which repair skin changes beneath the skin’s surface and preserve the skin surface for quick recovery, such as acne scarring or pore reduction.
- Fractional (Fractionated) lasers, which deliver energy in narrow treatment zones with small areas preserved in between to combine highly effective results with safety and speedy recovery.
- Intense pulsed light (IPL photofacial), which uses broad beam light energy with specialized filtering to target specific changes in the skin including excess brown pigment and redness.
- Pulsed dye laser (V-beam), which is a vascular laser highly effective at treating redness, facial spider veins, angiomas, and red scars.
- Radiofrequency devices, which use heat to repair and remodel the skin, resulting in improved skin tone and skin tightening.
- Fractional radiofrequency with microneedling, a highly specialized combination of leading-edge technologies to deliver treatment results in traditionally difficult skin problems including sagging skin and surgical or traumatic scars.
- Laser hair removal, which targets hair follicles resulting in permanent hair removal.
READY TO SCHEDULE YOUR TREATMENT? Please call us at 310.385.3300.